8.20.2015

Bout of Books 14 Progress Check

Hello, fellow readers! Welcome to my Bout of Books 14 progress check. I'll be the first to admit, I haven't been doing the best job reading this week, even though that's the point of participating in the readathon. Even though I haven't had that much work, I keep finding something else that needs to be done or captures my attention. So reading wise, I don't have too much to report.

READING ACCOMPLISHED
Fudoki / Kij Johnson / read the last 114 pages
To Kill a Mockingbird / Harper Lee / as of 8:30 p.m., read up through page 185
Total Page Count So Far = 299 pages

I'm starting to wonder if To Kill a Mockingbird was a bad choice for a readathon, because I have been reading it in shorter spurts than I normally read, say, more contemporary novels. But I just kept thinking about it and I highly doubt I'd be able to focus on anything else. Just because I like being a tease, I won't say how I'm enjoying it so far. That'll have to wait for my readathon wrap up.

I've also participated in some of the challenges, though I honestly haven't done much better than in my reading. I missed the challenges for days 2 and 3, but enjoyed doing the day 1 and 4 challenges quite a bit!

CHALLENGES ACCOMPLISHED

Day 1 - Fictional World Travel
1. Northanger Abbey / Jane Austen / England
2. Things Fall Apart / Chinua Achebe / Nigeria
3. A Book of Common Prayer / Joan Didion / fictional "Boca Grande" in South America
4. The Girl Who Played with Fire / Stieg Larsson / Sweden & Eastern Europe
5. The Yellow Birds / Kevin Powers / Iraq
6. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet / David Mitchell / Japan


Day 4 - Four Seasons Book Covers
Winter / Ranger's Apprentice Book 3: The Icebound Land / John Flanagan
Spring / The Awakening / Kate Chopin
Summer / The Island of the Blue Dolphins / Scott O'Dell
Fall / The Hobbit / J.R.R. Tolkien

And that's all I've got to share, folks! I will, of course, be sharing a wrap up video some time next week. Until then, what have you been reading?

1 comment :

  1. I just got myself a copy of island of the blue dolphins, but I will I wont enjoy it at my age!! Also, I am running the Book Blog awards this year for the 2nd year in a row and wanted to let you know nominations are open until October 31st . There are 15 awards up for grabs this year. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.
    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi or my co-host @QuratulainR to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on Twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kkntQ2xPpTaBcw-5OlDwUMMp1J11psxKS2Pvzi3TQ6k/viewform
    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uKrnRIt0X7x489A3N60BC4InisHZRR8TVVFQBiCF12E/viewform


    ReplyDelete