1.07.2016

Bout of Books 15 Progress Check

It is Day 4 of the Bout of Books 15 Readathon, which means it's time to check my progress! So far I have been thoroughly enjoying myself and am very happy with the TBR I picked before hand.

READING ACCOMPLISHED
The Magician's Nephew / C.S. Lewis - 202 pages
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe / C.S. Lewis - 189 pages
The Horse and His Boy / C.S. Lewis - on page 109 of 222
Total Page Count So Far - 500 pages

The Chronicles of Narnia have turned out to be the perfect readathon books. Not only are they relatively short and written for children, but they are all such different and free-standing adventures that I have yet to get tired of only reading books from the same series.

Although I fell a bit behind yesterday due to the sheer craziness of my to-do list for the day, I have been reading at a rate of about one 200ish page book a day. Needless to say, I am quite happy with this pace and hope to get back on track tonight. My only concern is that I still have not started Anna Karenina yet and as I mentioned in my TBR.... well, it seems like an understatement to call it a chunky book!

But enough about my reading, let's check in with the challenges I've participated in!


Day 1 - #insixwords
Introduce and describe yourself, in six words.



Day 3 - Rainbow Challenge
Red / Bird by Bird / Anne Lamott
Orange / Not for Sale / David Batstone
Yellow / The Secret Life of Bees / Sue Monk Kidd
Green / Little House in the Big Woods / Laura Ingalls Wilder
Blue / Tom Cringle's Log / Michael Scott
Indigo / The Silmarillion / J.R.R. Tolkien
Purple / Peter Pan / J.M. Barrie



Day 4 - Villain Mash Up
Long John Silver from Treasure Island / Robert Louis Stevenson
vs.
Captain Hook from Peter Pan / J.M. Barrie

That's all the progress I have to share with you for now, but if my momentum and motivation carries through the end of the readathon, my wrap up should be quite a good one. Best of luck to those of you who are also participating!

No comments :

Post a Comment