10.29.2016

The Villain vs Villain Tag



Seeing as Halloween is just a few days away, I thought this tag was rather seasonally appropriate! I was tagged by fellow Booktuber Peter from PeterClarkTheWriter and the Villain vs Villain Tag was originally created by Olive from HeyItsOlive.

The idea behind this tag is to gather up the names of a bunch of villains from books, tv shows, and movies. Put all these names in a hat and draw out two at a time for five random match-ups. I'm following the basic premise of the tag, pitting villains against villains, but I'm skipping the random match-ups for a few parings I thought would be interesting!

1. Captain Hook (Peter Pan) vs Long John Silver (Treasure Island)
This was (obviously) the first pairing that came to mind when I decided to do this tag. I've always thought it would be super cool to see two of the literature's most famous pirates go at it! And yes, I'm talking the literary characters, not the pirates of the many film adaptations. I think it would be a fairly even match at first, given that both pirates are fairly crafty. But I think that, in a fight to the death, Long John Silver would have the advantage. After all, Hook wasn't even able to take down a single magical boy!

2. Voldemort (Harry Potter) vs Sauron (The Lord of the Rings)
This is the other pairing that I've always wondered about and, to be honest, I'm not sure I have an answer. Voldemort is, of course, the infamous Harry Potter villain who has the deadliest of spells fueled by his endless hate for the rest of the world. Then there is Sauron, the dark lord of Middle Earth, who commands all the darkest creatures. If this was about comparing superiority complexes, they're a definite match made in heaven. But in a one on one fight, I'm really not sure! What do you guys think?

3. Count Dooku (Star Wars) vs Saruman (The Lord of the Rings)
I know, I know, I just did a Lord of the Rings villain, but this pairing was really too good to pass up! If you think about it, Dooku and Saruman are insanely well matched. They're both swordsmen and both have the ability to throw their opponents across the room with the power of their thoughts. Plus, we'd be watching Christopher Lee fight himself, so bonus points! Ultimately, I think Count Dooku might have the physical edge and reflexes to just beat out the ancient Saruman.


What do you think of these three pairings? What villains would you like to see go up against each other? As for who I think should do this tag next, I would love to see Phillipa Mary of the blog The Little Book Owl try this out!

No comments :

Post a Comment