1.05.2018

2018 Reading Goals & Blogging Confusion



Why, hello there. Long time no blog post!

As you can probably tell, I let blogging fall by the wayside a bit as 2017 continued. And if I'm really honest with you guys, I'm at a little bit of a loss of what to do with this blog.

On one hand, I love blogging. I started my first blog way back in 2010 to chronicle my college experience and have always found it to be almost therapeutic, a bit like keeping a journal that other people can read. When it comes to this blog, I've really enjoyed sharing discussions and reviews here as sometimes it's just easier to share thoughts in written form.

On the other hand, I've been struggling with the "one-sidedness" of blogging for a while now. I've never gotten much interaction here on the blog, which I know is partly my fault. I don't promote it nearly as much as I do my YouTube channel and I'm sure the fact that I'm still using Blogger and not a more popular and social site like Wordpress doesn't help. I've toyed with the idea of making a new website that can serve as a catch-all for my videos and blog posts but find myself incredibly intimidated by the very thought.

Another thing I really struggle with is reserving ideas for blog posts. About 99% of the time, if I come up with an idea I think is actually worth sharing, I automatically start planning a video on the topic. Once upon a time, I would have worked my thoughts into a blog post, but that is no longer my preferred mode of expression. I love the free-form nature of filming, the way I can just word vomit at my camera and edit into something cohesive and interesting later.

Over the past year especially, I feel like I've really come into my own in my videos. At the same time, I feel like I've been stuck as a blogger for a long time now.

In short, I'm a little unsure of how I plan to proceed with this blog.

For the time being, it'll be business as usual, meaning I'll continue sharing my videos and written reviews. However, I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about where I'd like to see this blog go in the future. If you have any thoughts or opinions you'd like to share on the subject, I'd greatly appreciate the help in sorting out my options.

Thanks and Happy New Years!


No comments :

Post a Comment