3.15.2015

#YearofMiyazaki and The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness




If you guys haven't been able to tell already, I like to have multiple projects going at the same time. It keeps life interesting and I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I actually felt bored or like I had nothing to do.

A new project I'm starting this year over on my YouTube channel is my Year of Miyazaki (#yearofmiyazaki). I have been a fan of Studio Ghibli films since I was a kid; in fact, I think it's safe to say that Studio Ghibli played an even bigger role in my young life than Disney movies did. With #yearofmiyazaki I'm attempting to watch all of Studio Ghibli's full length films in 2015. I'll be working my way through the list above and have decided to just pull names out of a jar because I was finding it too difficult to pick which order I was going to watch them in. I just recently decided that I'd like to get as many people involved as possible, and so I'll be posting the discussion videos here on the blog as well!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to kick off the project by watching the 2014 documentary The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness. It's an absolutely beautiful and fascinating documentary that I have to admit I've actually watched more than once by this point.

In case you'd like to do the project with me, I'll be watching Kiki's Delivery Service next!


No comments :

Post a Comment