10.13.2017

A Bit of an Escape | Friday Reads


This week has been... well, let's just say I'm super glad it's Friday. I think I've made the massive mental health mistake of being overly attached to my phone and to the news this week and it's made me a little tense. So with my reading this weekend, I'm really looking forward to escaping from reality, even if it's just for a little while.

Beren and LĂșthien / J.R.R. Tolkien
Look what I managed to find at the library! Beren and Luthien was top of my most anticipated new releases of 2017, which should tell you just how excited I am to have gotten my hands on a copy. This is a book pulled together by Tolkien's son Christopher and is part of the mythology of Middle Earth. Do I need to say more?

Every Heart a Doorway / Seanan McGuire
Every Heart a Doorway definitely made the rounds on BookTube last year. From what I understand, it features a school for children who have visited magical worlds like Alice from Alice in Wonderland and the Pevensies from Narnia. Not only does this sound like exactly the kind of story I need right now, but at under 200 pages I predict this will be the perfect weekend read.


How about you? What are you reading this weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment